Tuesday, September 6, 2011

We've Got Some Catchin' Up to Do

We enjoyed having Wes at home on Monday and spent the day out and about as a family.





Here you have our little goofball getting into bed tonight... (He took the eye mask off as soon as the laughter stopped. He is is quite a comedian.)

My best deal in a while...I don't think I've ever scrapbooked about couponing before, but I was too excited about this deal. I had to document it! Diapers were buy one get one half off at CVS AND I had a lot of coupons to use. I left the store with $14 in CVS bucks that I'm sure to use on diapers in the future. Gotta love it!

I used to be a diaper snob & would only buy Huggies. I tried a few off brands and was sorely disappointed each time, but the CVS diapers are great! They have the elastic across the waist in back just like Huggies, and I have no complaints. Plus, they are always cheaper, even without the sales & coupons.

The rain this weekend didn't stop us from being outside.
Blake is a llama that lives in the field across the street. Adam loves finding him, and was delighted to see him yesterday morning while he was splashing through the puddles.

My mother-in-law had the idea to have a garage sale and give all the money to Levi's Buddy Walk team. I loathe garage sales & have never had much success...until this past weekend!!! We sold $454 worth of items (many items were donated from family members). And there's more...Read on...


(Grams taking the boys for a spin)

We set up a cooler of bottled water to sell for a dollar and had this donation jar on a table nearby. We collected $150 in donations! Someone actually slipped a $100 bill in the jar, and it wasn't like we had a bunch of friends coming to our garage sale. We only knew a few people that came and have no idea who was so generous. Isn't that amazing? I am still at a loss for words. Really amazing.Thank you, Tammi & Connie for all your help!

On the same day, my mom had a table at a charity event in Texas and raised $80 for Levi's team!! Thanks, Mom!

A funny garage sale story:
This thing was in the "freebie" box at the garage sale. Wes picked it up and made a pouty face. "I wanted to buy this for mom & I didn't have enough money. The lady told me she'd let me buy it for the money I had it if I gave her a kiss!" (He was about 9 years old by the way.)Connie picked it up and took it home with her. tee hee hee

Levi's billboard is up. It is in one of two locations. Now we just need to find the time to drive to Lexington and figure out where it's at!!!

I have made it easier to make comments (Thanks for the tip, Patti). Give it a try & let me know what you think!

4 comments :

Leah said...

Great pics! Looks like you all had a lot of fun at Steak 'n Shake! Glad that the garage sale went so well. And the donation... Wow! I enjoyed the freebie story, too! ;) Awesome deal on diapers! I saved $63 on groceries this evening and that was without printed coupons!! Love the rain pics and the llama. Oh, and in case you don't read my comment back to you on my blog, thanks for the hair compliment. I wasn't feeling it, but I'm glad you thought so! ;)

Anonymous said...

I wish I would have known about the donations! I would have gladly donated stuff to your garage sale! Please don't hesitate to ask next time! love your blog! Brooke

JC said...

Wow!! What a great deal on diapers!!! Love the rain pictures...Oh heck, I love all the pictures on here!!! Great garage sale!! Who couldn't donate to a face as sweet as Levi :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures and details on your days. I LOVE reading your blog and catching up on your lives. Sounds fantastic about the sale! - Kenna :)