Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Jam-Packed, Fun-Filled Family Roadtrip! Part 2

We stayed at the historic Peabody Hotel in Memphis, a place I have heard much about but have never visited. LOVED IT!!
Usually my hotel rooms on work trips aren't so full of life. It was such a treat. We have traveled with the boys before, but it was different this time. Levi has gotten big enough that there isn't nearly as much baby gear to pack. Adam is just so pleasant most of the time that he was no trouble at all, and he had a lot of fun.



The Peabody hotel is known for the march of the ducks, which started in 1933. There are ducks that live in the "Royal Duck Palace" on the rooftop. Each morning at 11am, the "Duck Master" marches them into an elevator and into the beautiful fountain in the hotel lobby. They swim in the fountain all day and at 5pm, there is another ceremony in which the ducks are marched back to the elevator and to their rooftop home. The ducks are raised by a local farmer, and every 3 months the ducks at the Peabody are returned to the farm and replaced by 3 new ducks.




Carriage Ride!!











Dinner at Kooky Canucks
Adam was in a perfectly good mood until we sat down...


He did NOT appreciate sitting so close to the buffalo!!

S'Mores for dessert! Yum!





Levi was rockin' the self-feeding thing and loved his graham crackers.

On our way home from Memphis, we stopped in Nashville to see that friend of mine who, like me, sometimes works on Saturdays. Her little boy & Adam are two peas in a pod that both love trains.

I know I have a lot of pictures of these two boys together. It just makes me so happy to see them enjoying each other. My favorite part of the visit was when my friend & I were talking & while he & Adam played in the background, we heard this sweet little exhange of "Thanks you" and "You're welcome." Music to our ears!




(Adam took that picture! I was telling him to hold the camera up a little higher.)

This girl is way at the top of my list of favorite people EVER! We have known each other since we were in the youth group together in St. Louis. We've been to church camp together. We've been on a memorable & meaningful youth trip to the Rocky Mountains together, and after college we lost touch. A few years ago, I was out of town for work in the Memphis area & went to Wed. night Bible class at a Church of Christ nearby. I was shocked to bump into her sister. I gave her my phone number & still remember the first time Kenna called me after all those years of being out of touch. We talked and talked and talked (and haven't stopped talking since!).


After we left Nashville, Wes found out that one of his cousins that lives in Alabama happened to be in Bowling Green, KY this weekend for her sister's baby shower. We got to meet up with the two of them on our way home! Such fun!


We made a lot of memories and had a blast.

5 comments :

JC said...

Great pictures! Those ones of Adam being upset had me cracking up...I don't think I would want to sit under a giant moose head either! lol

wendi said...

It was great to see all of you! You have such a wonderful family.

Leah said...

Looks like you had a wonderful trip full of great memories! :)

The Blonde Duck said...

I think the smores at the table was my favorite part!

Laura said...

What fun! It looks like it was a wonderful trip!