Saturday, September 24, 2011

Looking for Beauty

I found this heart in my neighbor's fence while playing outside with Adam tonight.

Oh, how I needed to end my day with that image. I've decided that if you look for beauty, you will find it. Some days are rotten, but you can choose to see the good or choose to see the bad. Abraham Lincoln said, "Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be." I totally agree with that sentiment and want to make up my mind to be joyful. Even when there isn't joy to be found in life. There is a greater joy in knowing that this life is only temporary.

Last night was a rough one. Levi started coughing (or should I say barking) after he fell asleep. His breathing gradually got so bad that he could hardly sleep. Around 3am I was so tired I probably could have fallen asleep while standing up. I was leaning over him in his crib patting his back and would sway without meaning to as I tried to stay awake. Wes took over for me after that and ended up taking Levi to the ER around 5am. A breathing treatment did the trick, and while he is much better, he still was one unhappy boy today.
His daddy sure loves him.

Abigail came to help out so I could rest some today. Wes went to help move the stuff from the DSACK (Down Syndrome Association of Central Kentucky) office to its new location. The boys & I stayed home, and I was so grateful to get a couple hours of sleep while Abigail was here. I could have kissed her when I woke up to find that she cleaned up the mess I left in the kitchen! Adam sure loves his "Abba-dale."
He was all smiles while she was here.


This is my most prized possession. Wes made it at camp as a child and saved it for the first person he told, "I love you." Yep, that's me! Life is beautiful. There is much to be thankful for.

5 comments :

Leah said...

Glad you had a positive ending to a rough day! Hope Levi is feeling much better soon!

Twilson9608 said...

Glad you could find the good in a hard day. Beautiful pictures!

JC said...

Beautiful picture!! I haven't been on the computer for days now as I was away all weekend, so sorry to hear Levi was having trouble...Hope he is ok now!

Laura said...

I'm so sorry to read that Levi was sick. I love that picture of him snuggling with his dad!

cre8ivesky said...

Popping over from your nice comment on my blog- thank you for such thoughtful feedback! I love this post and you awesome photo/quote... as well as your pics of your boys at the pumpkin patch! Sure hope your little guy recovers fully- have a nice weekend! Happy to have found you :)