Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Lives Worth Living

If you aren't familiar with the woman who is a superstar in the eyes of many of us mama's with special needs kiddos, check out her blog. My sister-in-law, Kristy, encouraged me to read Kelle's blog after Levi was born, and I have been a big fan ever since. Kelle & I have emailed back and forth a few times, and she has been an inspiration to me through her blog.

Last year, she raised $100,000 for the National Down Syndrome Society in honor of her daughter's first birthday. This year, the goal is $200,000. I am so excited that Levi is in the special video she made. (Look for him at the 3:00 mark.) Whether you are able to donate or not, I hope the video will make you smile and encourage you to spread the word that our kids are wonderful.


Today, while the boys played in the kids' area at the mall. A pregnant woman seemed especially interested in Levi while he was army crawling. She casually made her way over, we started talking, and she told me her baby might have Ds. Her biggest frustration and disappointment in all of this is that her doctor keeps asking if she's sure she wants to continue the pregnancy. Please help, in any way that you can, to let people know that our children have lives worth living.

5 comments :

Leah said...

I think Kelle is an inspiration in many ways to moms everywhere! I saw Levi in the video! Cute! :) Hope you're having a great week!

michelle said...

So, what a great opportunity for you and that mom to meet! I hope it went well! Levi is already a little ambassador!

JC said...

Great little video, loved seeing Levi in there, he's such a sweetheart :)

Laura said...

Levi was so cute in the video and I'm sure he brought a smile to the mom in the mall's face. Yes, his life is definitely worth living!

Margaret Almon said...

What a cutie!