Monday, July 5, 2010

This is my first attempt at posting video. I hope to learn more about iMovie. It is a very simple program to use. I think I'll have a lot of fun with it. It is just a matter of finding the time to play around with it and learn how to use everything.


We had such a nice day at home together today. Both of our cars were LONG overdue for a bath, and Adam was a great helper. He scrubbed and used the hose to rinse things off. As you can see in the pictures, he took his work very seriously. Just as we were getting started, Adam raised his sudsy cloth up in the air while I bent down to put mine in the bucket. I got a head full of bubbles before the cars got any suds on them! Wes got a good laugh about that! We worked for a while during Levi's nap, took a break to cool off inside when it was time for him to eat, and set him in his swing outside to watch while we finished up.




Levi made some new noises today, and his cry is getting more bearable. Wes & I joke that he sounds like a raptor or screaming banshee. We can't decide which.

I feel like I've suddenly climbed the mountain of adjusting to a new baby. I remember the same feeling with Adam. The first four weeks were so difficult. Then all of the sudden week five hit, and I felt at peace and was already looking forward to having another child. The first few weeks with Levi were tough in different ways...the shock of Levi's diagnosis & all the doctors visits made it emotionally draining, and I struggled with feeling like I couldn't give Adam the attention he needed while meeting the demands of caring for a newborn. Now it just feels normal to be reading to Adam while feeding Levi and juggling all the diaper changes and other needs they both have. (Although, I may change my mind about that tomorrow while Wes is at work. It is so nice having him at home this summer.)

No comments :