Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I read this quote the other day on Kelle Hampton's blog:

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day, I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return." (Author Unknown)

It goes right along with something I read the other day about stress. The suggestion was given to slow down and pay attention to your senses. What do you see, smell, taste, touch, & hear? The more you are aware of the details of the moment, the more you will enjoy what is going on instead of feeling stressed out. I am noticing now how beautiful it is to smell the sunscreen in Adam's hair, hear the birds while I push him on the swing, and feel the soft, soft skin on baby Levi's little cheeks. So pay attention to the details, and live in the moment. Life is good if we are willing to stop long enough to enjoy it.


And then...something to make an ordinary day something special...a lemonade stand!

One thing Wes & I never pass up is a lemonade stand. Some children down the street had one set up, & it caught our eye while Adam was running in the sprinkler.
It was Adam's first time to have pink lemonade. He kept saying, "Pink juice...Ahhhh."

Good stuff!!

No comments :