Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Another book I've been reading is called Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline by Becky Bailey. I got it to help with some research I was doing for work, and I am so glad I had it laying around on my desk. It sure came in handy this week.

Adam is an obedient, loving little guy and normally does whatever we ask. Every once & awhile he will cry while following directions b/c he doesn't want to do what was asked of him, but he usually is happy to clean up and do other things many kiddos would throw fits over. He IS testing his limits in some ways, but the thing I've been having the most difficulty with is the whining. He wants to be held a lot and will whine, "Hold you mommy, Hold you mommy, hold you mommy." As fast as he can, over and over and over. He does this the most when I am cooking.

After reading part of this book, I am talking to Adam about how he feels & letting him know that I understand. I offer to hold his hand or give him a hug instead of holding him, and he has really responded well. I think BOTH of us were much happier yesterday!

Kids understand so much more than most people give them credit for. I really try to value that and was thankful for the reminder this book gave to me.

1 comment :

Leah said...

Glad you had a good day! :)