Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Levi's bilirubin was up a little today but not enough for treatment. His weight was the same as yesterday & the doctor said that the more his liver processes, the lower his bilirubin count will be. He wants us to offer Levi more milk through a syringe, like we were and feels like things will improve. We go back Thursday. So when he is one week old, he'll be going to his fourth doctor's appt.

There are about 12 pediatricians in the group we go to, and I enjoy seeing different people. All the doctors are very good. We have seen three different doctors the last three days, and 2 of them have said they just don't see it (meaning he doesn't look like he has Downs). It is confusing and I don't know what to think about it...actually I don't really want to think about it. It's all very confusing and once I get thinking about it, I can drive myself crazy looking him over and wondering if this is a sign or that is a sign. The doctor that recommended we get the test said, "In my heart of hearts, I think we need to continue with the testing." Like he was certain. The doctor today really looked Levi over and said he just couldn't see it. So I don't know what to think. I guess I just don't need to think right now and just enjoy each day as it comes.

Levi & Adam are both napping right now. How fantastic is that?!?! Adam was thrilled to see his little brother when he got home today. He showered him with kisses and tried to help me burp him after his feeding. He is already a great big brother, and I am so proud of the loving little boy he has become.

Now it is time for mommy to nap...

1 comment :

Tracy Batchelder said...

The waiting to know is the hardest part. The don't-think-about-it strategy is a good one. Enjoy your precious children each and every day.
~Tracy