Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Today has been a good day from start to finish. It started with Adam using the toilet instead of his diaper for the first time and ended with him sleeping in his big boy bed...something he hasn't done in months! In between those two events, I felt like I was able to juggle all of my responsibilities and manage life as a mother of two. I read books to Adam and watched him color while nursing Levi. I took Adam outside and carried Levi in the Moby wrap (I'll try to get a picture of that soon). We even played in the sprinkler (with the baby monitor close-by) during one of Levi's naps. I have been worried about how to make sure Adam gets the attention he needs, especially when Levi needs to eat, but it all seems to be working out well. I know we'll have our good days and our bad days, but I just feel so good about it all today.

So after Adam used the bathroom, I gave him a plastic gold medal to wear around his neck and a whistle. We've been working with him to blow his nose, and that must have been what he was thinking about when I told him to blow it b/c he held the whistle to his nose and actually blew the whistle with his nostrils!! A moment good enough for America's Funniest Home videos! He is something else!

No comments :