Friday, June 25, 2010

Levi's evaluation with First Steps went so well today. I can hardly believe I was nervous about these lovely, caring, professional people coming into my home to see what they can do for my sweet baby boy. One of the ladies has an 11 year old with cebral palsy and is still doing therapies with her daughter, so she has great parental insight and made me feel very confident in her sincerity and interest in Levi. Little man slept the whole time they were here, so there were a few things they weren't able to observe about him. They mainly asked us questions about his motor development and got all the paperwork filled out. We will meet again in a week to see what they came up with and work with them set goals for Levi. They were great at listening to our concerns and answering questions. We mainly wanted to be sure that we can get him what we want him to have, not the minimum that he qualifies for. I was concerned that if he met minimal goals that they wouldn't do more with him, but they said WE can set his goals and those are the things we will get help with. Music to this mama's ears!

Adam chomped on his finger or a teether most of the day, had a drippy nose, and was not his typically happy self. A whiney "Mommy, hold you...Mommy, hold you" was his anthem for the day.

Both boys are sleeping right now, and I have 2 hours until Levi needs to nurse again. I am gonna spend a little time with hubby and get more done on my project for work. Then time for some shut-eye.

Connie is spending the night again, and I am so grateful. This morning I was up at 6am after feeding the baby, Adam was rustling around, and she whispered to me, "Get some rest." I went back to bed, closed my eyes, and suddenly it was 8:30am! Those few hours have meant the world to my sanity lately, but I have got to suck it up and get my act together. I haven't had to face the reality of having a toddler and new baby b/c of the wonderful help we've had since Levi was born, and I feel lazy & spoiled. I will soak in every moment of extra sleep I can get tomorrow before she goes home and hopefully draw strength in the coming days by knowing that I didn't have to start this new chapter of motherhood as early as I should have. I got an extension by having another mommy in the house to help out while Wes was at work this summer.

1 comment :

Leah said...

Glad to hear that all went well today! :)