Saturday, June 5, 2010

Last night was Levi's best yet. He ate well and went 4 hours between feedings, so I got 3 hours of sleep in a row...two times!! I actually woke up feeling a little rested.

Today Levi got to meet his aunts and uncles on Wes' side of the family. We had a great time together. Adam loved having a big audience to entertain. I am so grateful to be a part of such a great family. It feels like we are friends more than relatives, and that is something to be very thankful for.

Connie (Wes') mom has been such a huge help to us. She was here with us the days leading up to Levi's birth to help out and to care for Adam (knowing that Wes & I could be running up to the hospital at any moment). She & Randy cared for Adam while we were in the hospital, and she was here up until yesterday helping out around the house and caring for Adam while Wes & I got back on our feet. I am so blessed to have her for a mother-in-law.

Yesterday, we had several guests and another yummy dinner brought in for us. Friends from church are bringing something every other day for a little while. It is so wonderful to have a break from cooking while I get rested up.

I am really looking forward to having some energy and feeling like I can handle my daily responsibilities again. I am anxious to start exercising & especially can't wait to use the double-jogging stroller! Just being able to pick Adam up again will be great. He is so sweet to use his step stool to do things now. He likes to take it in to Levi's room to check on his baby brother in the crib since I can't lift him up to see in. He saw Levi's belly button yesterday and got really upset b/c it looks like it hurts. He also freaked out when he saw Levi nursing. He was pretty worried about his mama when he saw that!!

1 comment :

Maryln Appelbaum, Education Expert said...

Adam's reaction to you nursing sounds so sweet.
These updates are soooo fine.
Maryln