Monday, May 10, 2010

This morning at 4:30 am I felt what I think was my first Braxton Hicks contraction. I had contractions when I was in the hospital with Adam but this morning I was wondering how they could've shown up on the monitors b/c they were NOTHING compared to this! I almost woke Wes up but decided instead to write down the time and only wake him up if it was something to be concerned about. I couldn't fall back to sleep b/c I was waiting for the next one, but I never had any more (and am very happy about that!).

I have another doctor's appt. tomorrow. It will be the first of 3 weekly appointments where I will be examined to see if I am progressing towards labor. The following Tuesday is the day the C-section is scheduled. In some ways, I hope nothing happens until the scheduled time, but I also would love to get this behind me and have little Levi in my arms!

I am anxious about all the upcoming changes in our household...especially how Adam will handle things, and how I will handle having a newborn AND a toddler in the house.

Wes prepared two very sweet gifts for me for Mother's Day. I took pictures and will try to get them posted here tomorrow.

Adam & I are going to meet Connie at the play area at Fayette Mall tomorrow. She is coming with me to my doctor's appt. & will keep Adam overnight. Since he will be staying there while I am in the hospital, we thought it would be good for him to stay a few times this month. He is used to staying several times every month, and even though I am not going out of town this month, we want to make it easy on him when it is time to stay for a few days in a row.

Tomorrow night I am going to dinner with a few girlfriends from church. We try to get together every few months, but I wasn't able to go last time. I told them this would probably be the last time I'd be able to enjoy a girls' night out for quite a while! I am looking forward to it!

1 comment :

Leah said...

Enjoy these last few weeks with Adam! Levi will be here before you know it and life will be forever changed. :)