Saturday, May 8, 2010

I finally got my movie theater popcorn & Twizzlers last weekend. I've been dreaming about having some for weeks! Wes waited for me in the car while I went in. My mouth was watering as I watched the guy layer the butter over every few inches of popcorn. When he handed me my $8 tub of yumminess, he said, "Enjoy the show." I just laughed, "I'm not here for a movie, just fulfilling a craving."

Insomnia strikes again tonight. In a few weeks, when I am up in the middle of the night, I'll have a sweet baby boy in my arms! I am so ready. I have a doctor's appt. on Tues and am anxious to see if I am progressing any. Two Tuesday appts. after that one, then Levi's arrival the Tues. after that. It will be here in the blink of an eye!

I have a night out with some girlfriends planned for Tues. evening. Looking forward to that. It will probably be quite some time before I have the energy to do something like that again. Connie (my wonderful mother-in-law) is coming with me to my appt. & will take Adam home with her to spend the night, so I even get to sleep in on Wed. morning! That may even be better than the girls' night out!!!

The teacher's at Wes' school had a baby shower for us last Thurs. It was wonderful. I didn't expect them to do anything for us, since this is our second child, but they really went out of their way to welcome little Levi into the world. Someone made iced cookies and decorated them with little cursive "L"s and baby footprints. Soooo cute. We got LOTS of diapers and wipes, some clothes, and the double-jogging stroller I had my heart set on. I am really excited about it! I finally found one that will take his car seat carrier. That way I can use it as soon as I am up and at 'em after the C-section! Yeah! Several people got Adam gifts, too, which is so thoughtful. He got a book about being a big brother, a hand made cloth book about animals, some sidewalk chalk and a bubble maker. All he has to do is press a button and millions of tiny bubbles shoot out. He LOVES it!

1 comment :

Cicely said...

3 weeks will be here soon. I'm sooo excited. Not only for baby Levi to be here but for school to be out!! You look GREAT even if you don't feel so hot! ok, my guess is your sweating :)Enjoy Tues. evening and even if you can't sleep maybe you can just sit down and rest!