Monday, May 31, 2010

Dr. Appt.





We had a good report at the doctor's office. Levi's bilirubin was the same, which actually is good b/c there is a plateau before it drops down. We have to go back tomorrow to have it checked again. Poor little Levi is going to run out of places to be stuck! They really have to torture him and squeeze quite a bit out from the heel prick to get enough for the test.

The other good news is that he gained 2 oz. since yesterday morning! That is good news for me, too b/c now I can stop supplementing his feedings! He has been nursing so much better, and I couldn't be happier about it!

I am missing my Adam so much but am grateful for the time to nap today. He is in Ohio with his Grams & Grandpa for a family get-together. Connie said he had been entertaining them on the road trip with his singing and had been shouting "touchdown" while riding in the car seat. He and Daddy played football yesterday, so he must have been reminiscing about it!

3 comments :

Leah said...

Great news, April! Enjoy your day and please let me know if I can help!

Leah :)

Amy said...

I can't believe what great pictures you've gotten already--of Levi and the whole family. Seeing them actually makes me miss the newborn days. Thanks for keeping us all updated this way. We're praying for you continually and love you tons. Call when you can.
[hugs] Amy

Amy said...

By the way...As you know, Chandler was a month premature and he was slightly jaundiced, but they told us to try just placing him in his bassinet by the window, wearing just a diaper, and it worked after just a couple of days! It sounds like you're past that, but thought I'd share just in case.
Amy