Friday, July 15, 2011

My Weekend Off

I am so grateful that another speaker was able to cover this Saturday's seminar for me. I have done presentations on zero sleep, when Levi was in the hospital, when I've been sick, and under all kinds of other circumstances. It killed me to have to get someone to cover for me, but there was just no way I'd be able to do a seminar without a voice. I waited near the airport until I knew for sure someone else could go. I got so tired while driving home that I pulled over and took at 30 minute nap in the car (in a Cracker Barrel parking lot) even though I was an hour away from home at that point. I stopped at the doctor's office on the way back home. They switched my antibiotic and gave me a steroid shot to help me get my voice back. Last night I read that whispering is the worst thing you can do when you have laryngitis because it puts so much strain on your larynx, but of course that is all I've done since I've been home. It is impossible to communicate any other way! Maybe I'll learn more signs in the next few days while I wait to improve!

2 comments :

Leah said...

Hope you feel better soon! :)

JC said...

Oh man, that's terrible! Feel better soon :)