Wednesday, May 29, 2013

What I Have Learned Since Levi's Birth

Levi turned three this week, and I have been thinking back to the first week of his life. I remember my fears about how his diagnosis would be received by others. I felt like Wes & I would be fine with everything but wondered how others would feel being around him. I worried people would be uncomfortable spending time with our family because of Levi's differences. I am so grateful that my fears have not been the reality.
Trying to get him to eat was quite a struggle. I had to give him breast milk through a syringe after each nursing session to make sure he'd get enough.
Adam holding Levi shortly after he arrived home from the hospital.
Over the past three years, I have learned...
People aren't afraid of him.
People love him.

He doesn't make people uncomfortable.
He makes people happy.
Grams & Levi playing outside.
He hasn't changed our lives in a bad way.
He has changed our lives for the better.
We love you. Levi!









4 comments :

Cyndi Murphy said...

So Sweet! So glad to know him.

JC said...

Beautiful post April.

Anonymous said...

April, Time and distance has separated us. I am so proud of what you've done as a mother! Both your boys are very lucky.

Leah said...

You know we love him! :)