Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Liebster Award- Part 2

11 Facts about Me:
  1. I can still do cartwheels and have been known to do so when a wide open space (like a hotel hallway) presents the opportunity.
  2. Although my name is April, I was born in May. I was the first child, a new beginning to the marriage, so my parents wanted to name me after Spring, the season of new beginnings.
  3. My middle name is Michelle, after the Beatles' song.
  4. I have been to 48 states for work. I still need to get to Montana and Alaska.
  5. Although I love my job & wouldn't trade it for anything, if I could go back and change my career path, I think I'd enjoy being a TV newscaster.
  6. One time I drove away from the gas pump with the handle still in my tank. Yep. True story.
  7. I have been on ESPN twice. (National Dance Team Championships- nope, I wasn't raised in the Church of Christ ;)
  8. I can touch my tongue to my nose.
  9. We were robbed when I was five years old. The burglars came into my room & told me to go back to bed, which I did. I was the first to discover the next morning that our TV was gone.
  10. While traveling for work, I got to meet Richard Simmons and sat on the plane next to the singer, Bruce Hornsby.
  11. Although I love to hear birds singing outside my windows, I don't want one anywhere near me. Their abrupt movements freak me out!
Now to my Liebster Award winners are as follows (in no particular order)...

Some of my favorite blogs are those that share daily life from a Christian mom's perspective. At Eli, Emma, and Abe...our childhood stories you will find stunning photography and inspiration from my friend Leah.

At Why Amy Smiles,  Amy will make you smile, laugh, and see God in the small things right along with her. Check out her blog for wonderful devotional thoughts, touching family moments, and lots of laughs.

Jenny at Our Little Chilli Tribe is a wonderful writer and excellent photographer. She shares the ups and downs of raising six children (one that has Down syndrome). Her heartfelt thoughts often bring me to tears. She shares the thoughts many moms think but aren't willing to put into words, I appreciate her very much, and I'm sure you will, too.

I love keeping up with little Ellie at the Chronicles of Ellie Bellie Bear. There is something about going through the journey of raising a child with Down syndrome with others that gives me strength. Knowing that this sweetie made it though her tonsillectomy (even though it was pretty rough) last month gives me confidence that we will also make it thought this tough time as well.

Tara provides a lot of great teaching ideas on her blog Making the Most of Today. She is homeschooling her preschooler with Down syndrome & shares lots of great resources and great photos of her sweetheart, Vada.

(Those of you that have been given the award, check out my last post for the rules, and please know that I understand that this is something extra for you to do and understand if you choose not to participate.)

Levi goes in at 6am Thursday morning to have his tonsils and adenoids removed. I will be giving updates here.

We are enjoying a special day with my aunt & uncle who are visiting from out of town. And when I say out of town, I mean WAY out of town...like Malaysia! Such a treat! The windows are open. It is in the 70'. The boys are napping after a fun time at the park, and life is good!

 Here are a few pics from this morning.











7 comments :

Anna Theurer said...

Whoa! You got robbed! I have been to Montana but not Hawaii, Alaska, or Maine. Lucky girl next to Richard Simmons :-P

Unknown said...

I remember the robbery story. What is the correlation between not being raised in the Church of Christ and dance team? Is there no dancing? Just curious.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, April! I am honored to be highlighted on your blog, and you are the one who inspired me to get started! :)

Twilson9608 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Twilson9608 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Twilson9608 said...

April, I am also honored to me mentioned in your blog, thank you and thank you for the award nomination! It's my first fun and I am kind of excited about it! I was wondering if you were going to write your own questions for us to answer or were you wanting us to answer the same ones that were asked from you? Thanks again April. And your boys are ADORABLE!!!

April Vernon said...

I forgot to write questions for you Liebster Winners! I will do that in the next day or two. Sorry about that.

Gina, Good question. No set rules against dancing, but something I have different thoughts on now...mainly in regards to modesty and the thoughts it may put in the heads of others. Upon coming back to PHS to see a dance routine performance, I stood in front of some guys commenting on the dancers- and not about their precision moves or athletic ability. Made me think a lot about it. Hope that helps give a little explanation. Miss you!