Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Liebster Award

Liebster is German for beloved or esteemed and is the name of an award given from one blogger to another, (nominees must have less than 200 followers). It is a great way for writers in the blogging community to support one another. I'd like to give a great big shout out to Treyton's Posse for presenting me with this honor. Click here to read one of my favorite Treyton's Posse posts (about what a four-leaf-clover and people with Down syndrome have in common). It will bring a huge smile to your face.

At Treyton's Posse, you will quickly notice the positive perspective on parenting a child with Down syndrome, which I appreciate so much. It is organized well, has nice photos (Treyton is a cutie), and is sure to quickly become a big hit...and any blog that gives mine an award has got to be pretty awesome- right?

There are some requirements that go along with accepting the Liebster Award.
Rule 1: Post 11 facts about yourself.
Rule 2: Answer the 11 questions posed by the person who nominated you.
Rule 3: Nominate other bloggers with less than 200 followers for the award. (I've seen some rules that say to nominate 5 and others that say to nominate 11. I am nominating 5.)
Rule 4: Go to each blogger's site and let them know you nominated them.
Rule 5: Thank the person that nominated you and link back to that person's blog.
Rule 7: Display a Liebster Blog Award badge on your blog. 

Here are the questions given to me along with my answers. I will do the rest of the tasks in my next post.

1. Why did you start to blog?

I started blogging as a way to keep my family & friends from out-of-state informed about our family. I used to do a lot of scrapbooking. My blog was an even better way to tell our stories and share our photos with a lot of people at once, no matter how far away they were.

2.    When you were a child, what did you dream about being when you grew up?
An astronaut!

3.    What are better cats or dogs? Defend your answer. 
Cats. They are less needy. I like that.

4.    Assuming money was not an issue, where would you travel to and what would you do when you got there?
I just want to go back to Hawaii with Wes. I would want to stay in Honolulu and repeat each day’s itinerary from our first trip. It was great. I know it would make more sense go someplace new, but that’s what I’d choose.  

5.    What do you prefer and why – Apple iOS or Android?
I am an Apple girl for sure. I am an iMac, MacBook Pro, and iPad user, so Apple iOS just makes sense for me. I love Apple products because navigating around them is so simple for me & I like the way they feel in my hands. I love the way my fingers can flutter across the keyboards of my iMac & MacBook Pro so much that using a PC feels archaic to me, and the Cloud is amazing! It thrills me to be able to add something to my iPhone calendar or take a photo on it and have it automatically sent to all my devices. So awesome! (I sound like a commercial! Don't I?)

6.    Baseball is widely known as “America’s Pastime.” Do you agree? If not what do you think should be considered America’s Pastime?
Watching TV is America’s pastime :)

7.    What is your favorite candy bar?
Almond Snickers bars (but I like peanut butter cups better than I like candy bars)

8.    Your kids are in bed and your spouse is off doing something else. You have the television to yourself and the DVR has been recording everything for the last week. What is the first show you watch?
The Voice or Doc Martin

9.    What would you consider to be the greatest invention ever? Why?
The camera! It is amazing that we can capture moments in time to cherish for years (and generations) to come!

10. What is the one thing you cannot stand to be without?
My camera!

11. Who is the greatest superhero of all time? Choose from: Batman, Spider-Man, or Superman.
Superman, because I have fond memories of watching Superman movies with my parents, and there is nothing more super than good memories with family.

Tune in next time as I fulfill the rest of the Liebster Award requirements, and again, thank you to Treyton's Posse for the pat on the back. It inspires me to be better and to get back to some more meaningful posts.






3 comments :

Anonymous said...

For the record, April used to refuse to watch Doc Martin with me. She'd watch two minutes of it and think it was horrible. When I finally got her to sit through an entire episode she realized how hilarious it is. Then she wanted to watch every episode. I don't remember what the first episode that she watched, but I'm sure she does. Congratulations on your award, Honey. It's well deserved. I love you! Wes

Leah said...

Congrats, April! I enjoyed your answers! :)

JC said...

So fun to read this!