Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Levi's Bedroom Mini-Makeover & Much More

Adam had a doctor's appt. yesterday to have a mole checked out. It seems to be nothing to worry over, but we go back next month to make sure. Afterwards we had some special one-on-one time for lunch. I think he has really been needing it. Lately he asks to be held a lot and tells me, "I'm a baby. Carry me." There are so many times he asks me to play, & I have to say, "Let me change Levi's diaper first" or "I'll be there as soon as I lay Levi down." Even when I am playing with him, often times, Levi is on my hip. It was nice to have a day that was just for us.

Here he is drawing on the paper on the exam table.


(A Happy Monster)

Oh, yeah...Pooh came along, too.
I love that this stuffed animal has been such a favorite of his. Wes won it in one of those claw machines at a gas station when I was pregnant with Adam!

Of course, we based our meal not on the food, but on the playland! (Adam got a little mixed up on where we ate & told Wes we went to McWendy's)




Before Levi was born, Adam moved into a new room, complete with a Dr. Seuss theme. Levi got the nursery, which kept the same decor' that was originally for Adam. This week, Levi got his own personalized room makeover. And when I say personalized...
I mean PERSONALIZED!!

The big sign is his Buddy Walk banner. I'm hoping this sucker will hold up for many, many years! At least I know there's a great place to keep it from one year to the next!



The buckets were $1 at Target. I've been wanting a place to keep his inhalers close to his changing table but not ON his changing table. Not bad for 3 bucks!


I moved some things from other areas of the house & got some good bargains (the rug was only $21 & I only spent $12 on the window valance). I spent around $60 total.

And the cutest thing in Levi's room?
You guessed it!

I worked in Chattanooga, TN last weekend & brought my mother-in-law along. We had a great time, and the seminar was so much fun. The teachers in TN are always such sweethearts & I always seem to connect with the people there. While I was gone, Wes took the boys to a cookout with the church. In case you don't know, he is an awesome dad. He even brought the camera to the cookout and got pictures for me! I love that I can leave for a weekend and not have to give a single reminder or instruction. Don't ever ask him if he is "babysitting." He will tell you, caring for his boys is FATHERING!
Adam went down the row, hugging all his friends.
Levi enjoyed going from one person to another and was mellow all night.

Take a look at the toy we checked out from the Technology Center for Levi. It plays music when the beads touch a bar. It sounds like a music box. Very cool.




11 comments :

Leah said...

Great job on Levi's room! Hope all checks out okay for Adam's ear! :)

Momma Jorje said...

Love it! And that banner / team name is AWESOME! I'm trying to think of something witty to go with "Spencer" or "Spencer Drake" for our team. This will (of course) be our first Buddy Walk.

Gina said...

The room looks great! Love the little touches like the bottle of balls and red accents. Very cute!

Ilisa Ailts said...

This whole post is fun and interesting. I love the pooh story, the daddy story, the room, and the pictures.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe we were both in TN at the same time...and within a hundred miles of each other! I MISS YOU! Levi's room is precious. I love the banner--all it needs is Chandler and Connor on each side to hold it up over the crib! I believe I took that picture of him in Wes' arms, right? Love it! Everything looks really cute--I have no idea where you find the energy for all your projects. Glad you had some one-on-one time with Adam. Did I mention that I miss you?

Karrie said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new room!!! That is SO creative!!! Super cute!

Wren said...

How cute is his new room?! I love it!!! That music toy looks like so much fun...I'd have to keep it away from Sutter though, he'd have those beads pulled off in no time! LOL

Patti said...

Oh my gosh, LOVE the Levi banner! You are so creative!

JC said...

Love the room!! And one thing I have always hated is if I am out one night and people ask me if Brads babysitting the kids!!! Umm, no, he is at home WITH HIS KIDS! lol...I still get a kick out of how pooh bear goes everywhere with you guys!

Laura said...

Colin has been telling me he is a baby lately and wants me to hold him all the time too! I try to snuggle him every chance I get but Ben does take up a lot of time. Love the room makeover!

Smilen Champ said...

Hi
My name is Jenna and i came across your site. Levi is an amazing, handsome and cute little guy, so is Adam. They are both precious and special earthly angels. Levi is an inspirational hero. I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and developmental delays. www.miraclechamp.webs.com