Saturday, May 28, 2011

Party Time!

What a wonderful day. I was surrounded by family members that are more like friends and a special friend that is more like family. We had six kiddos age two and under. We played on the swing set, in the baby pool, and in the sandbox. We talked. We ate. We laughed. We celebrated a special boy that is going to do special things in his life. Happy Birthday, Levi!





















I really don't have words to express what it meant to have this woman here with me. I am so glad our baby boys brought us together. Miles & Levi are less than a month apart, and Keli & I have talked almost every day since Miles was a few weeks old. We have a deep connection & "get" each other on so many levels. It is wild to think that we may have never known each other without that tiny little extra chromosome our boys possess. Love you, Mama!


Remember, we all stumble, every one of us. That's why it's a comfort to go hand in hand. ~Emily Kimbrough

Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow. ~Swedish Proverb

When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares. ~Henri Nouwen

4 comments :

Christie Brown said...

You have got to quit making me cry! Beautiful!

Leah said...

Sweet day! :)

R said...

Love it!! You know Levi has a special place in my heart (could it be the fact that I am one of his favorites?) But Miles is one of the most beautiful babies I have ever laid eyes on. What a perfect little boy!!

kelisha said...

Ms. April, Thank you for "getting" it when so many other people don't. Thank you for never judging me when I'm just saying out loud what so many of us think. Thank you for being a friend OUTSIDE of the extra chromosome. You have become a very special person in my life and I am glad to have the privilege of sharing this and many other experiences with you. Love you too mama!