Thursday, January 6, 2011

Will It Ever Slip My Mind?

I used to wonder if there would ever be a time when I'd get through the whole day without looking at Levi and thinking, "He has Down syndrome." Although I still haven't had one of those days, I do think about it less. Levi and his great personality are coming to the forefront while his diagnosis is slowly slipping into the background.

This happy little dude is about to cut his first tooth! (Notice the old man hair on the side of his head. It is long, but too thin to look long or warrant a haircut.)
He doesn't suck on a paci. Just chews and chomps away on them. I love the new control he has over his hands! Sometimes he puts them in the air and just looks at them like, "Hmmm...I think these belong to me. How do they work?"


I love how flexible his special little body is.

2 comments :

Kelle said...

Girl, you know I love me some froggy legs! Oh my gosh, he's grown so much. He's eyes are like pools...so soulful and full of wonder. I'm so glad you are doing well. It really does help when all that spirit hidden inside our babes starts bubbling to the surface and we see them as these amazing little persons, full of personality and spunk and curiosity and likes/dislikes. It melts away the questions and reminders. It truly does. Thank you so much for sharing!

Leah said...

Love his sweet smile!!! :)