Monday, April 11, 2011

Hello Again!

We've been playing catch up at the house after being gone most of last week. Levi is still sounding bad off and on...some coughing & some wheezing, but the inhalers seem to be doing what they're supposed to for him. Today he was clapping with his hands in the air while jumping in his jumper, and he has been hitting himself in the head with his thumb while he has fingers spread apart (That's the sign for daddy, in case you didn't know).

I never did take the time to mention how impressed I was with Adam during all the commotion last week. He went with me to the initial doctor's appt. Tues. morning, to another appt. that afternoon, and was with me at the hospital for a few hours before leaving for his grandparents. He was so well behaved. Since we were in the pediatric wing of the hospital, there were a lot of kid friendly touches. We had a small table and chairs in the room, and there was a room down the hall with boxes of activities. He played Play-Doh for a long, long while. He cut out 17 gingerbread men with a cookie cutter and enjoyed playing with them. There was also a bin full of sand and shovels, which he really liked. Mini doctor's kits were available, so I got one for him. It had gloves, Band-Aids, tongue depressors, etc. He was looking in my throat with the tongue depressor, and I kept saying "Ahhh." I guess he's never seen people do that. Come to think of it, I don't think his pediatrician has ever asked him to say, "Ahh." Anyway, he got frustrated with me and finally said, "Stop singing! I looking at your froat!" He sure makes life fun. Even in situations that don't lend themselves to fun.

Today, Levi's OT let the boys color eggs with this neat little contraption. I love how our therapists include Adam in the activities and give him attention while they are here to work with little brother.



4 comments :

Lisa said...

That contraption is so cool! Is that paint or egg dye? So proud of those boys, but not surprised. Glad Levi is feeling better.

April Vernon said...

It's tempera paint. Nice and washable :)

Leah said...

Great update and pics! I agree, that contraption is cool! :)

Tracy Batchelder said...

It's nice to see things returning to normal at your house. Is a mother of two young children ever really caught up? :)