Thursday, November 11, 2010

Wes was off today (for Veteran's Day). We went to visit his grandparents and Aunt Donnie. Aunt Loretta stopped by to see us, even though she had a very busy morning, which we really appreciated. She took this great photo...We also got to see our niece, which was a nice surprise.

Wes gets such great photos. I love how in this next one he got both grandparents even though they weren't posing with each other.
Adam found some little ceramic dogs on the dresser in the one of the bedrooms, and didn't know he was being watched. Wes took this picture, too.

It was a happy day! What a blessing.

After all that traveling, we stopped at a Ruby Tuesday's restaurant to eat on the way home. A complete stranger came up to us to tell us how well-behaved Adam was. She was sitting nearby and had been watching him. She may never know how much that meant. It helped me to look at the big picture. There are so many times I think I am not teaching him well b/c he continues a behavior that we are working to stop. It helped remind me that this is a process that takes TIME. We can't get results in an instant, and although a child may make the same mistake several times in a row, as a parent, I have to remember that he is in the process of learning a new habit. I need to give him the time it takes to succeed and to believe in him. Six months ago I would never have imagined this boy having such wonderful manners...Now if I could just teach him not to throw things!!

3 comments :

Leah said...

Glad you had a great time! Adam is doing awesome! :)

Anonymous said...

OMG! Adam is getting so big. I'm missing you all like crazy momma.-Keli

Michelle Glass said...

We went to see Mama and Papa on Sunday. Maddox was also drawn to the cermaic dogs and the thing with the blue beads. You have 2 cutie pies!

-Michelle