Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Video of Levi's First Steps

My Mom & Dad are visiting from Texas, and the boys are loving it. Adam often asks my Dad, "Would you like to play with me?" These two are big buddies.


Mom fell asleep while holding Levi and when SHE'D wake up she'd hush him and bounce him back to sleep (except he never woke up!). I was hysterical with laughter.


While they were here, they had some unexpected time alone with Levi... while we took Adam to the ER!!! He & his Daddy were playing and he fell & hit his mouth on a door frame. We were lucky he was laughing when he fell. Otherwise, his lip would have probably needed stitches. His gum was cut pretty badly but he should heal up fine.






He told the doctor, "Ya know, I like those blue gloves" and got to take a pair home with him. When a second doctor came in to see him, she said, "Hi, Adam."

His response? "How did you know my name?"
We enjoyed a trip to Orange Leaf for frozen yogurt.
Don't ask me what face Adam is making. I think it's his baby jaguar face, but I may be wrong.
Today Grams & Grandpa joined us to have a cookout and belated birthday cake and their delicious homemade ice cream. We waited to have his party until my parents were here. And my idea of a party is enough people to fit at the dining room table and some homemade cake and ice cream.



Here he is in cradle roll Bible class. We were talking about how God made our eyes while we wore our sunglasses.
And here we were focusing on our noses we are so thankful God made.
He is a hoot.

Levi has figured out how to scoot himself on his dinosaur pillow racer, although he did have some navigation difficulties today.


And here he is doing some nice self-feeding. I guess birthday cake is good motivation for this sort of thing!


Oh, wait...did you think I was forgetting something?

Okay, here is the video you really want to see...


And for those of you keeping up with my whining and complaining...I got a great news today about the waiver I've been fighting for. A big win for mama! Fist pumps and cartwheels are in order! I started the process LAST JUNE...A YEAR AGO! But it was all worth the trouble and headaches.

8 comments :

teal915 said...

Yea! That's great! I can't wait for Kamdyn to get there.

Becky said...

What precious videos...there is nothing like those first steps to celebrate!

lovemy3 said...

Way to go, Levi! Soooo exciting!

wendi said...

Go Levi!!

JC said...

Darn it I'm crying first thing in the morning! Watching Levi take those first steps just has me in tears...I'm so excited for him, so proud of him!! Great job Levi :)

Leah said...

Awesome, Levi! So proud of you! :) Sweet videos and pics, April!

Laura said...

Yay for a visit from your parents! Yay for success with the waiver! Sorry to read that Adam got hurt. And super yay for Levi taking steps!! That is so exciting!

Michelle said...

Thanks for your comment on my post about Kayla's school decision on her IEP! I really wish this district had someone who knew how to implement inclusion, but they don't and they don't seem willing to bring anyone in either. Frustrating!

your boys are so cute, glad your little one is ok and the videos were great!