Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Magic of Music


As many of you know, I work for a child care training company, Appelbaum Training Institute. At our seminars, we often encourage teachers to use music in their classrooms. The ATI facebook page even has a link today to a great article on the power music has on behavior.

Have you ever noticed that music affects us adults, too? Music really can change our moods. I remember the calm that surrounded me during my difficult pregnancy with Adam. I constantly listened to lullabies. Those soft, sweet songs about babies gave me such a sense of peace. Lately, I have been listening to those lullabies again. They calm me and make me feel peaceful even when our days are crazy. It has really made a difference in my attitude and helps me to stay positive. When those songs are playing, I am reminded to be grateful for my job as a mommy, instead of getting irritated at little things.

Use music this week to help yourself. Find a song to boost your energy, calm yourself, or give you the focus and inspiration you need. You'll be glad you did.

4 comments :

JC said...

I agree music has a way of improving a mood or just calming or relaxing you.

mommykelly said...

Awww, just read your comment. You made my day!
And I totally agree...music is candy for my soul.

Leah said...

We love music, too, and it's part of our daily lives! Hope your class went well last night! :)

Karrie said...

I couldn't agree with you more.......Music changes everything!!! I can be in a horrible mood but after listening to some bubble-gum-pop kind of song, I am instantly uplifted!!!