Friday, April 5, 2013

This and That (and LOTS of photos!)

-->
This is a boy that’s always thinking.
Adam is always asking what words mean. I can’t remember what word he was asking about a few months ago, but I remember telling him that “re” means to do something again, like when we redial a phone number or reorganize our toys. Last week while we were on our way out to eat, he asked if regardless means to guard something two times. I told him no & explained regardless as when something happens no matter what. I told him we were going to eat dinner regardless of if Levi fell asleep or not. A few nights later, I was putting lotion on him after his bath & asked him to stand up so I could get his calf. Instead, he straightened his leg & I was able to finish applying the lotion. He said, “I didn’t stand up, but you got the lotion on regardless!”

Adam’s follow-up blood work indicated that strep was not the cause of his tics, which is a good thing. Other infections can cause the same symptoms, but if strep were the culprit, we would have a higher chance of reoccurrence, worsening, or permanence. We didn’t have any luck changing up the antibiotics, but his symptoms lately have been mild enough that most people wouldn’t notice. It hasn’t been affecting his speech or thinking anymore, and we are grateful for that.

That is Levi eating his first bowl of spaghetti! Hooray!


This is Levi sorting colors!

It was an Easter activity they did at the library during story time. We've been working on this skill at home, and I was so excited to see him sit down & get right to work without any help!


This was a fun family trip.






Wes was off this week for Spring Break. We spent one night with his sister and took the kiddos to the zoo the next day. They love spending time together.



Levi was so enthralled with the manatees he didn't move for close to 15 minutes. I finally had to tear him away so we could catch up with the rest of the group. Wes thinks this is a good reason to get a fish tank...
On the way home :)

That was the mess I made the other night. While Levi was at the table waiting for dinner, I caught him pouring his apple juice out of his cup & onto the dining room table. I had a plate of spaghetti in one hand & I grabbed his cup with the other hand. I ended up pouring the entire plate of spaghetti into the bag of clean clothes I was packing for the boys, who were leaving the next day to spend the night with their grandparents.   
Wes & I were cracking up & the first thing he asked was if I got a picture of it.

This is what our Easter was like. We hunted eggs in the front yard & had a peaceful day of worship and time at home together.


That is how I found them the other morning when I got out of the shower: all snuggled up in a blanket watching a cartoon.






Hoping all is well with all of you. I can't believe I let so much time pass between blog posts! Have a great week!

4 comments :

Becky said...

Love all the pictures...glad life is so good over there! Happy belated Easter. Loved that Larry Boy hat too...what fun!

Leah said...

Fun pictures! I agree with Wes... A fish tank may be on order! And that mess... Oh, me! :) Glad Adam's test results didn't show strep as the culprit!

JC said...

I love seeing all your pictures too. Levi sure is getting tall!! Glad to hear Adam is doing well too :)

Leigh Ann Arnold said...

Love the pictures of your boys! Once again, Levi is so precious. The life in his eyes is definitely a gift from our Heavenly Father!