Friday, March 8, 2013

Levi in the Hosptial

This was Levi at nap time yesterday...
and last night...
He was treated Wednesday for croup but yesterday he was wheezing a lot and just didn't look good. Wes took him to the local ER last night, and they took him by ambulance to Cincinnati Children's Hospital, which is about 2 hrs from our house. He has RSV. His oxygen level got really low last night...so low Wes won't tell me the number.

Adam & I stayed at home but I will be heading to the hospital this morning. (Thank you grandpa for helping out!)

Levi's is on oxygen and may need an IV. They are waiting to see if he eats any breakfast before deciding on that. Adam slept well so I am hoping he is about over all of his illness. He coughed so hard yesterday it made him throw up a few times.

I thought Levi wasn't bad enough to go to the hospital and am so thankful Wes knew to take him. Levi would wheeze and struggle to inhale when he cried or coughed but otherwise seemed to be breathing without trouble. I asked if we should wait and only take him if he was in respiratory distress. Wes said, "I've been there before. I don't want to wait." I am so glad he didn't.

8 comments :

Leah said...

Praying for our little buddy!

Laura said...

Feel better soon Levi!

Melissa said...

I hope he feels better soon!

JC said...

Oh no, poor Levi. Sending prayers your way. Hope he feels better soon.

teal915 said...

Poor guy. I hope he's on the mend real soon.

Leah said...

Thank goodness for that Daddy instinct... Hoping he is feeling better soon.

Anna Theurer said...

Oh sweet bubby! Sending prayers your way.

Becky said...

Oh I am praying...Sending love your way.