Thursday, September 20, 2012

Great quote and a video for you...

Depending on how long we spend at his ENT check-up this afternoon, by the end of the day, I will have spent at least twelve hours of the last four days either at appointments or driving back and forth from appointments for Levi. (He's not even sick, just the usual therapies and this ENT check-up.) I think I have done this while giving careful attention to Adam during the day, and Wes & I have had quality time together, too. I feel more productive than usual, even with a busy week. I think I gave attention to my priorities, and it has felt so good.

I saw this a few days ago...
http://instigation.tumblr.com/post/31446107372
And it really spoke to me.

It is so easy to let whatever we struggle with consume us and take our focus off of doing good and serving God. We also have the tendency to work on fixing our problems rather than fixing our eyes on things above.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 says: "For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever." For me, things don't get more encouraging than that!

Tonight, when Levi walked unassisted into the church building, several people started clapping, and I thought I'd start bawling right there in the middle of the foyer. It meant so much to have people that excited for our sweet boy. He has worked so hard to reach this developmental milestone.

I took this video just before we left for Bible class. I didn't even notice the sound Levi was making until I uploaded the video. Wow.


Thanks for the great gift, Miles :)

6 comments :

Anna Theurer said...

Oh so many things I want to say: 1. great quote and I need to take it to heart; 2. I love your church in that isn't it wonderful that so many people are cheering Levi on, supporting him, loving him?!; 3. Way to go Levi on the fire engine sound; 4. LOVE the dancing.

Unknown said...

Awesome! I love the fire engine sound! That is too cute! There is nothing like the support of your church family. That is absolutely amazingI I love that they clapped for Levi. I would have been bawling! That quote is a really good one too. So many times people will succomb to their struggles but it takes a person who is strong in their faith, believes in themselves and even encouraging words from others to make it through. Levi is AWESOME!

JC said...

I love how people clapped for him as he walked into Church, that made me tear up...And it sure looks like he loves that toy now! Great siren sounds too :)

Becky said...

Love that scripture...thanks for reminding me today of what is important. Video was so sweet. Yes, great sounds. And, he will continue to do things that you thought were lost and may never happen...as liking that toy! It only keeps getting better and better! :)

Leah said...

Great thought and video! It was wonderful to see Levi walking around! He's doing awesome! :) So glad he stayed in class! Love him! :)

Laura said...

Love this post April! We have the same toy and Ben isn't interested in it . . .