Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Levi's New Wheels

Levi is getting to borrow a medical walker for a little while, thanks to his occupational therapist and new physical therapist. When he uses it, he doesn't lean forward like he does with his push toys or when he holds our hands to walk. Hopefully this will be just what he needs to get the strength and motivation he needs to start walking.

We met with the new physical therapist this morning, and I got a wonderful first impression of her. She mainly did an assessment this time, but we will see her an hour each week from now on. I think it will be well worth the 30 minute drive.

We took Levi to Walmart to go walking tonight. The big open space was great for him, and he got lots of adoring looks from the shoppers there. "Awwwwww..." was the sound most of them made.



I used to have a "reply" button beside each comment left on the blog. It was nice because I could respond to questions or thoughts from you all. Somehow, it is gone, and I haven't had a chance to figure out how to add it back. I have tried to answer any recent questions by commenting on your blogs, and just wanted to thank so many of you for your encouragement and kind words. It means more than you know. I plan to get back on a regular blogging schedule once summer comes to a close and I get a bit more of a routine going for us.

Enjoy the rest of your week!

10 comments :

Angel said...

Love it! Love it! I hope this works for Levi. It worked really well for Abrianna. His is much cooler and colorful. Good luck April! I am so happy you guys were able to do this.

Laura said...

Go Levi go! He is so close to independently walking!!!!!!

Leah said...

Looking good, Levi! :)

Jody said...

So sweet! Your Levi is so cute. I have a Levi too. Mine is almost 10 months. Good job Levi with your walking

Becky said...

Love the new wheels...look out world! I a, so glad you have found such a great new PT and ways to help Levi. God so provides! :)

Anna Theurer said...

looking good, Levi!

JC said...

Aw, he looks like he is really enjoying walking! So glad you like your new PT also, that's fantastic!

Erin said...

He's adorable and looks like he's having a blast!

Wren said...

We used one of those with Sutter and it really helped with independent walking! Go Levi!!!

Melissa said...

Love this!! We tried this with Claire, but she refused. :) Silly girl, I think she would have liked it once she got used to it.