Sunday, August 19, 2012

Blogger Photo Storage Solutions, Some Scrapbook Pages & Wayne Brady's Apology

So, I hit my photo storage limit with blogger. It was a total shock to even realize there WAS a storage limit. But thanks to the world wide web. I found an easy solution and now use Photobucket to upload photos. (Click here for the website that taught me how.)
.



In other news, Wayne Brady has posted an apology on his Facebook page.
Here is what he wrote (see my last post if you aren't sure what I'm referring to).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This letter has taken me a few days to compose because of the conflicting emotions that I've experienced since the day of the Roast and it's subsequent airing. The environment of the Roast is a comedic (hopefully), tasteless (mostly always), affair that encourages everyone to out-filth each other. Not normally what I'm known for, right? But, when I was invited, I jumped at the chance to play outsi
de of my perceived "norm" and have fun. The Jeff joke was written for me and at the end of the day I take full responsibility for saying it. It wasn't meant as a slam to Trig and at the time I didn't see it that way.

I could defend it as a performer, but I would rather apologize from the bottom of my heart as a father. I understand how a parent, who loves their child, who tries to nurture and shield them when they cannot defend themselves, would take offense.. I have many times experienced this feeling. I've had awful things said about my daughter.. Violent and most times racial stabs. Being in the spotlight I have built a thick skin to these sorts of things. My daughter ( who's now old enough to understand ) is another story. That being said I write this letter with sensitivity and a strong stance of responsibility for my actions.

I thank everyone who's expressed their opinion for reminding me that my voice is heard... It's easy to forget sometimes in front of cameras and lights.

To the Palins, please know that no malice or harm was meant. To the other families who were touched negatively, I hope you'll be able to accept this apology as well.

I've always said that people in the public eye should be held responsible for what you say and I'm no hypocrite. Thanks for reading and letting me express my side.

Take care all,
Wayne

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 comments :

Becky said...

Amazing apology and nice to know there is still good out there. I have respect for him again. Thanks for sharing on your blog since I am not on Facebook. I am old fashion in many ways...I know.

Anna Theurer said...

You are super fancy with Photo bucket! I will have to look into how you did all of that collaging with your photos :) I just upload to photo bucket and that's it. . . they rest is too complicated for me.

Levi is such a big boy with his eating! I love that last picture of him. I saw that apology last night and actually believe it was heartfelt. He could have just brushed it all off like many others before him, but he did not. He approached it as a father and I think that made it seem more sincere.

twagers85 said...

I know what you mean about developmental things not bothering you the way you thought they would...I feel the same way. It's like you love this beautiful little person so very much and you receive so much joy from their very existence that the rest of it fades away a bit. The diagnosis was truly the worst part to date, in my opinion. And kudos to Mr. Brady...I feel like he's probably a pretty nice guy =)

Leah said...

Sweet pics! Glad you got the photo problem solved! :)