Monday, October 10, 2011

Viewfinder

This waiver stuff is really draining me. I FINALLY talked to my case manager after a multitude of phone calls (some of which were not-so-nice). We will be meeting late next week. I have plenty of other things to take care of besides being on my phone all day trying to get this mess figured out. It irritates me to no end that this process has been so difficult.

I scan the area around me and find a sea of items that are not where they belong. I have stepped over unpacked suitcases more times than I'd like to admit today. I am sitting on the edge of the office chair because I don't know where I want to put the items that are behind me at the moment.

Tonight I just needed a minute to drop everything and see life through my camera lens. I can crop out the things I don't want to see. I can put the faces of these little boys in focus. I can let extra light into my lens to illuminate the shadows. I can even edit the pictures to easily fix my mistakes. If only life were so easy.


Levi chillin' on the front porch

Enjoying the first batch of raked up leaves


Beautiful sky, beautiful boy

And silly boy




Levi wanted to play with the diapers under Adam's bed, so we kept turning him away from them and made him work to get what he wanted. Here he is doing his thing. I love it when he yells at Abigail (who is the one who turned him away from what he wanted while I videotaped).

4 comments :

Leah said...

Sweet pics! :)

JC said...

Haha, that little frustration scream cracked me up!! Russell gives me the same attitude throughout the day! Good for Levi working so hard for what he wanted :)...Loved the pics too...The one with the boys in the leaves was so cute.

Laura said...

Oh my goodness, I loved seeing Levi in action!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written. Two thumbs up and a big, squeezy hug for you, my friend!