Wednesday, December 29, 2010

In with the New

A little organization goes a long way when it comes to my mood. The kitchen has been especially annoying lately so I rearranged the pantry this week. It makes me feel good from my head to my toes every time I look inside! These are the two shelves that are at eye-level. I used to have stuff here that I didn't use often, which is now on higher shelves. The lower shelves didn't need much organizing, but I did move a few things there, too.

(I know it's a little bare. I am in the middle of "Shop Smart, Save More" and am trying to hold off on shopping until I get Sunday's paper and begin my new life as a coupon queen.)

I also very happily put my new dishes away!At the time of this photo many of those new dishes were in the dishwasher! Ha ha ha!They are so stylin'! Thanks, Aunt Kristy (and mom, who sent the $$ for me to get more to match)!!

In the afternoons, while Levi is doing this inside...




Adam & I go stomping around in the snow. We have been enjoying the crisp winter air.
The kid loves to eat snow!

It was so interesting watching all the signs of life around this tree.


I was also intrigued by the variety of footprints in the yard...Rabbit Tracks
Squirrel TracksDog Tracks
Bird Tracks
And my personal favorite...cute little toddler tracks


Which leads me to my deep analogy (or as a good friend calls them, April Parables). These are some questions we all need to ask ourselves...What kind of footprints do we leave behind? After spending time with me, do people feel encouraged and strong or do they feel belittled and irritated? Do I make difficult situations better or worse? Do I spend my time expecting actions from others or introspectively looking at what I could be doing better? Luke 6:42 says, "How can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye." When a person is busy looking to correct someone else, they don't see their own faults, like being a complainer...(Philippians 2:14: "Do everything without grumbling or arguing" or judging others (Romans 2:1 "You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things." (Romans 14:10 "You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister ? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat.") or gossiping (James 4:11 "Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it.")

I've just noticed myself complaining about others lately and need to stop, so those footprints preached to me today! Have a great day, and leave some happy, encouraging footprints this week!

5 comments :

Leah said...

Glad you're feeling better about your pantry! I loved all the photos, but especially the footprints. Great thoughts, too! Thanks for the encouragement! :)

Michelle Glass said...

Looks great! I've been in the organizing mood as well- must be nesting hitting early this time. I had to make room in the play room for all the new toys Maddox got for Christmas. I told Jonathan that I was going to have to box some of them up b/c we had no room which is sad b/c Maddox has a big playroom! However, with a few tweaks and adjustments it all fit and looks like there is even more room than before! No toys went to the attic! I love the snow pics too!

Tracy Batchelder said...

I love the photo of Levi napping under his knitted blanket. It makes me happy to know it is being used. Would you mind if I use that photo on my Ravelry project page? I'll be sure to give you photo credits. http://www.ravelry.com/projects/woolwinder

April Vernon said...

Tracy, Of course you can use the picture! Let me know if you want me to take any others!

Tracy Batchelder said...

April, thanks so much! This photo is so perfect, I don't think I need any others. I've added it to my set of photos on Ravelry. You can check it out here: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/woolwinder/easy-peasy-squares-blanket-2
Click the photo to view the full size.
~Tracy