Saturday, October 22, 2011

This & That


This is the Buddy Walk Update I've been wanting to give to you...
Levi's Team raised $5,318 this year and we had 67 registered walkers on our team. It was a fantastic day. A big thanks to all of you that supported us. The Buddy Walk is all about celebrating people with Down syndrome and what makes it meaningful is having our family and friends there.




That is my newly decorated entryway. I have been bit by the Pinterest bug have really been inspired to create and design lately! Check out my boards by clicking here.

This is the photo gallery I put together with cheapo frames from Walmart that I painted white & distressed with sandpaper. (Photos by Kristin Tatem)



This is a cool picture Wes took of Adam through a paper towel tube.



That
is the Thomas the Train that Adam & I made from cereal boxes and toilet paper rolls. Behind it is the tunnel we made from a diaper box. We got him a book of Thomas crafts for his birthday and we have enjoyed doing the projects together. The other night he told Wes, "This is so up-siding!" (He doesn't get excited, he gets "up-sided!") When he saw the bricks I painted on the tunnel, he told me, "That's a great job, Mommy!"

This is the shirt I designed for Down syndrome awareness. I sold sweatshirts and T-shirts at the Buddy Walk. All the profits went to DSACK. I was so happy with how popular they were! I sold around 30 that day and took orders for several more! Want one? T's are $15 and sweatshirts are $20. Plus shipping.


I have bronchitis, which is no fun at all, but I've been trucking along and trying to enjoy the week. Of course, last night I was up until 4:30am. First I couldn't sleep, then I was super congested, then Levi woke up & I couldn't get him back to sleep. I am so thankful for Wes letting me sleep in, but I feel worse today than I have all week. Hopefully a lazy Saturday will do me some good.

8 comments :

Anonymous said...

I hope you're getting that lazy Saturday! Feel better soon!

JC said...

Omg, come decorate my house!!! Everything you do looks so fabulous!!!

April Vernon said...

Jenny, you have no idea how much I'd love to come visit! And Amy, lazy it was! I just woke up from my second nap of the day. What a blessing!

Patti said...

wow, what an amazing amount levi's team raised! how awesome!

Leah said...

Love the craftiness! Hope you're feeling better! I've had a stomach bug -- yuck! Thankfully it's been several years since I've had that...

Christie Chapman Carter said...

I loved your blog! We will have to plan a day and meet! I also would like one of those shirts! You have a beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

Do you still have some??? I want one!!!

April Vernon said...

Yes. Email or fb me a message to let me know what size you want!