Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fun Times with Therapy

I have bronchitis & it isn't getting better! I went to the doctor last Wed. & went to an urgent treatment center on Sunday b/c I was feeling worse instead of better. The urgent care doctor put me on a stronger antibiotic and wrote a prescription for Prednisone to use if I didn't feel better in a few days. I started taking that today hoping that it will calm the swelling & inflammation in my airways and ears. Not fun. Yet life keeps going, and for that I am thankful. I am glad I have these boys to keep my busy. Distractions are always good when I'm feeling bad.

Today we had a special therapy session at a day care center in a nearby town. Levi got to spend some time on a platform swing to work on his core, and the boys had a blast playing. Here's a little video of our time there...

(The song is "They Are the Roses" performed by Acapella.)

Here are some pics from today. I am so glad Adam can be a part of therapy sessions, too, especially when they are something extra special, like today.



When we got home, we got a call from the girls at the pharmacy. They invited Adam up for doughnuts.
Being a pharmacy-frequent-flyer-family has it's privileges.

We carved pumpkins the other night.




We made "Cloud-Doh" (8 cups of flour & 1 cup baby oil).


And we are working on Adam's Halloween costume. Can you guess what he wants to be?

7 comments :

Twilson9608 said...

I love all of your pictures, they are great! Your boys are both so stinkin' cute too. V gets on the platform swing each week at therapy and she isnt for sure what to think about it but she is def. getting a workout!

Karrie said...

I love that platform swing! I wish there was somewhere around here that had that! That looks great!

The pumpkins look awesome! I can't wait to carve our's out this weekend!

Leah said...

Great times! I sure hope you feel much better tomorrow!

Colleen Taylor said...

So we've talked about Christmas and our thoughts and views on that - what are your views on Halloween? It's one of my favorite holidays - mainly because I'm a horror junkie - BUT I've found out that in Costa Rica it's very much shunned by the Christian community as the devil's day, so it looks like no Halloween for us once we get there.

Oh, and in case you're wondering where this Costa Rica stuff is coming from ('cuz I'm not sure if you know or even who knows from the family) but we're going to be heading out there within the next year to do mission work with LAM (Latin America Missions) God-willing that is. We've got one more major interview to go through in November before we're officially accepted.

So yea, let me know your thoughts on Halloween!! Love ya cuz!

JC said...

What a cute little video, loved the song with it too! I think that's great Adam can be a part of his brothers therapy sessions, even if its just for a bit. And I am guessing he wants to be some sort of train?? lol

Hope you feel better soon April!!

Anonymous said...

I love all these pictures! My favorite part of the video is hearing your giggle in the background. Made me giggle, too. {HUGS}

April Vernon said...

Colleen- Sorry for not replying sooner. I wanted to give your question a lot of thought. I am so excited about your plans for Costa Rica! And can certainly understand no Halloween there! I'll admit that I didn't think through Halloween like I did Christmas. Not sure why, so I was glad you asked. This year we talked a lot about sharing with others & worked on manners with Adam. I think that when the time comes, we will set limits but see no harm in dresing up and enjoying the event with our neighbors at this point. What are your thoughts?